FANTOM-06/07/08 System Program ( Ver.1.02 )
HOW TO KNOW THE VERSION
Before you start, check the system program version of your FANTOM-06 / FANTOM-07 / FANTOM-08.
- Press [ MENU ] to invoke the MENU screen.
- Touch < SYSTEM >.
- Turn the [ E1 ] FUNCTION knob to select INFO.
The display changes to the INFO screen and the version information is shown.
[ Ver.1.02 ] JUL 2022
[ Functionality Improvement ]
- Increased the types of Screen Savers.
Use [MENU] -> <SYSTEM> -> GENERAL -> Screen Saver Type to set.
* The Screen Saver will start if you do not play or operate the panel for 10 minutes.
[ Bug Fixes ][ Ver.1.01 ] MAR 2022
- Minor bugs were fixed.
[ Additional Functions ]
- An SMF Player function has been added.
- An official integration function for Ableton Live has been added.
[ Functionality Improvements ]
- [XY PAD] has been added to the respective MFX, IFX, and TFX ZOOM EDIT screens.
- A [PARAM] button has been added to the ZONE VIEW screen.
- Sequencer patterns can now be set to a maximum length of 64 measures.
- The beat settings that can be used with the sequencer have been expanded.
- The operability of the STANDBY screen during sampling has been improved.
- The screen display during TR-REC has been improved.
- The level meter display on the MIXER screen has been improved.
- Operational stability when importing wave expansions has been improved.
- Operational stability when using the automation function with the sequencer has been improved.
- Operational stability when manipulating sliders and knobs has been improved.
- Operational stability when carrying out sampling has been improved.
[ Bug Fixes ]
- Minor bugs were fixed.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO UPDATE
- FANTOM-06 / FANTOM-07 / FANTOM-08
- USB Memory
* The USB Memory need to be formatted on a FANTOM-06 / FANTOM-07 / FANTOM-08.
CAUTION WHEN PERFORMING THE UPDATE
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the FANTOM-06 / FANTOM-07 / FANTOM-08. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your FANTOM-06 / FANTOM-07 / FANTOM-08 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the FANTOM-06 / FANTOM-07 / FANTOM-08 won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
GETTING THE UPDATE FILE
Please open/extract the downloaded "fantom060708_sys_v102.zip" file on your computer to get the update file in the "fantom060708_sys_v102" folder.
PROCEDURE FOR THE UPDATE
- You must not rename the extracted files.
- Never turn off the FANTOM-06 / FANTOM-07 / FANTOM-08's power while the update is in progress.
Creating the Update USB Memory
- Copy all files inside the "fantom060708_sys_v102" folder to the USB flash memory's root directory (the level displayed immediately after opening the device).
- Connect the USB Memory to the USB MEMORY port.
- Hold down the [ WRITE ] button and turn on the power.
The message "Insert Memory To USB (board1)" appears at the top of the display, and the initial update starts.
* Continue to hold down the [ WRITE ] button until "Insert Memory To USB (board1)" appears on the display.
* The update operation takes about 2 minutes.
- After confirming that the message "Update (board1) End..." has been displayed, detach the USB flash memory without turning off the power.
* Do not turn off the power.
- Connect the USB flash memory to the EXT DEVICE jack.
The message "Running Update..." appears at the bottom of the display, and the update starts again.
* The update requires about 5 minutes.
- After confirming that the message "Update (board2) End..." has been displayed, turn off the power.
Detach the USB Memory from the FANTOM-06 / FANTOM-07 / FANTOM-08.
This completes the update operation. The new system program runs at the next startup.
Follow the procedure for verifying the version to verify that the version has been updated.