RD-2000 System Program (Ver.1.02)
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your RD-2000.
- Press [ MENU ] to invoke the Menu screen.
- Use the cursor buttons to select SYSTEM, then press the [ ENTER ] button.
- Use the cursor buttons to select the INFORMATION tab.
- The current version is shown on the display.
If this shows the latest version (version 1.02 or later), there's no need to update your RD-2000.
- After verifying the displayed version, switch off the power.
[ Ver.1.02 ] MAR 2017
The following bugs were fixed.
- Support was added for Axial RD-EXP series importing (to be available in April).
- Support was added for importing multiple programs by specifying a range.
- Support was added for SCENE UP/DOWN in "Assigning Functions to Pedals."
- A Program Display Size parameter supporting expanded display of programs was added to Setting Parameters (System).
- When a tone or program is registered in a Scene, the number and name are input into MEMO.
The following bugs were fixed.
- Latency might be occured during performance when sending a control change message to the internal sound generator.
- Button illumination was reversed when BEND UP or DOWN was assigned to ASSIGN 9.
- When Control Destination = PROGRAM was in effect, knob operation sometimes had no effect.
What you will need to update your RD-2000
- USB Memory ( Roland's M-UF1G or M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Memory need to be formatted on a RD-2000.
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac )
- Update file downloaded from this page
Cautions with the update
- We recommend that you back up to a USB memory before you perform the update although RD-2000 keeps the data with normal updating.
Refer to the following section from the Owner's Manual for the detailed procedure.
- Backing Up RD-2000 Data to a USB Flash Drive (Backup Save)
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the RD-2000. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your RD-2000 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the RD-2000 won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "rd2000_sys_v102.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in the "rd2000_sys_v102" folder.
Procedure for the update
Creating the Update USB Memory
- Copy update files RD2000_UPA.BIN to the root directory of a USB Memory.
- Make sure the unit's power is switched off, then connect the USB memory device into the USB MEMORY port.
- Hold down [ WRITE ] and switch on the power to the unit.
- When the message "start update." appears, release the button.
The update starts.
When the message " <<< Please POWER OFF >>> " appears, the system update has finished.
* You will take about five minutes to update.
* Never switch off the power or detach the USB memory device until the message " <<< Please POWER OFF >>> " appears. Doing so may damage the unit.
- Switch off the unit and detach the USB memory device.